Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oh, to be like a Child

This, er, morning (currently 3:30 AM or thereabouts) I decided to continue working on a basic outline for my son's kindergarten curriculum. Now, my son is almost 5 months old, so I know I am way early on this, but I like to be prepared when I can be, and I figure I will have more time to sit down and write out a curriculum now, while he still naps a good bit, than when he is a little older, getting into everything. ;)

Anyway, back to my point. I was writing his curriculum and I was going through the subjects, writing out my goals for him. Learning numbers in math, learning the alphabet in language arts, etc. I got to my page labeled "Bible Study" which yes, I am going to teach, in part, as part of school. One of my goals for my son is to learn the importance of learning God's Word, and another is learning the importance of prayer.

Think about that one for a minute...

Photobucket

Now, as I was writing this, I got really convicted. I want to teach my son at Kindergarten age, to know how important it is to know God's Word, and yet I don't know it as well as I should myself. Maybe that is why God kept me up this morning, so that I could sit down and write my curriculum and find that I need to spend more time in His Word.

And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 18:2-4 (NASV)

No comments:

Post a Comment