Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Faith

In my quiet time today, I was reading Hebrews 11, and it really hit hard for me. As anyone who knows me personally may know, my husband and I are going through a rough patch financially. I think that I have been fairly good about running to God when I get worried about how we are going to get through this, but reading Hebrews 11 really woke me up. Just in one chapter, it says ,"By faith" 17 times. 17! Do I have the faith of Noah? Of Abraham? Or Sarah? Of Moses? I can't honestly say that I do. But, I'm getting closer than I once was, and that's the best I can do, take it one step at a time. God doesn't call us to be perfect, we couldn't be if He called us to be. He calls us to be faithful, to have faith in Him and to run to Him with everything. I think I have found my passage in scripture to go to when I am stressed or worried.

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the men of old gained approval. By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the Word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible. - Hebrews 11:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment