Saturday, June 12, 2010

Life, at the moment

Yesterday I had a pretty long day for me. I went over to a friend's house to look after her children while she was helping out at church for the CHEC Conference and Book Fair. With her three children, and Gabriel, that left the tally at four children under the age of seven! I would have been overwhelmed if I didn't know the children as well as I do, but everything went well. Things went a bit longer than I think both her and I were expecting, so she brought pizza to the house and invited my husband and myself to stay over and eat that so I didn't have to rush home to cook dinner. It's always nice being able to hang out over there, she and I are good friends, and our husbands have been friends for ages, so everyone is happy. So, well, the hubbys decided to rent a couple movies and watch them last night, which meant that Eric and I got home at about 1:30am. So, needless to say, it was a long day.
I've developed a bit of a cold, but nothing too bad and I'm hoping I'm not contagious so I can still get to church tomorrow. Then, next Saturday, my father-in-law and his girlfriend are coming to visit for Father's Day. I kind of wanted to make breakfast in bed for the hubby's first father's day where he is both a son and a father, but I know they will probably want to get something to eat after church instead.
Also, I'm working on a cross-stitch that I had made the pattern for last year, I had meant to have it done in time for Christmas, but well, that didn't happen. So, I'm hoping to have it done soon and be able to frame it and have it hanging in my house. I don't really have any picture frames or anything to hang on the walls and to be honest, I go a little crazy looking at blank, boring white walls all the time! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment