Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Book Review: FamilyLife Marriage Bible

I recently recieved the FamilyLife Marriage Bible from booksneeze.com and after a month or two of using it, I think I know it well enough to give a good review on it. When I first ordered it, I don't know why, but it didn't hit me that this is a Bible, but it is. Which I have no issue at all with, I was pleased to have a new Bible, though this is NKJV instead of my prefered NASV. That is my biggest issue with this bible, though it's not a huge enough issue to keep me from using it, I just use it in conjunction with my standard NASV. This bible contains 52 couples devotions spread out through the Bible, with an index in the back that lets you look them up easily. It also has romantic and parenting FAQs and "intimate moment" ideas spread throughout. Another issue that I have is that there is not much of a reference on most pages, which again I can use another bible for, but it would be nice to have it all in one bible. There is a good amount of room in the back of the bible for notes, but not a ton of margin space on the actual bible pages. One thing I am really enjoying about it however, is a 30-day walk with Jesus plan that is found in the back. It is basically a chapter or so from the New Testament that you are to read each day, with a little paragraph of explaination. Overall, a good Bible, but I would recommend you have a more literal translation as well, and a bible with larger margins to accompany this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment