Friday, January 7, 2011

The Gospel According to Jesus

Here's my second booksneeze.com book review, enjoy!

"The Gospel According to Jesus" by Chris Seay was a mediocre book. While I liked the subject matter and I think that it was well written and even amusing in parts, I think that the majority of what was written really just mimics the gospels, Romans and Acts from the Bible. To me, I could just sit down and study those books of the Bible and probably come to the same place, though I do see purpose for others for this book, it just wasn't for me personally. I can see lots of potential for a bible study group for new believers. The book has a nice way of ending each chapter where the author talks to friends of his who are pastors or thelogians, and it is nice to be able to read a sort of interview in a relaxed sort of way with other evangelicals. There is also a prayer in each chapter which is a nice way to get a clear picture of something specific to pray for when reading the book, which is again good for new believers. There is a pretty interesting section of the book that talks about the findings of a survey the author had done for this book about what people think of righteous. All in all, the book isn't bad in the least, I just think that it is more suited for the new Christian, or someone that isn't yet a believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment